Poundworld could be hit with £500k fine after selling food ‘covered in mouse poo and urine’

When inspectors visited the Croydon store last year, they found it 'swarming with mice', a court was told POUNDWORLD could be hit with a £500,000 fine after shoppers were allegedly sold food covered in mouse poo, a court heard. The…

Coldmac fined £6,000 after worker loses fingers

Paving firm fined for breaching Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) SPECIALIST paving contractors Coldmac Ltd have been fined £6,000 after one of their workers suffered life-changing injuries…

Kent-based Hague Construction has been fined £100,000 following the death of an employee after a simple lifting operation went wrong.

Lewes Crown Court heard how Daniel Clifford Yeowell was killed after sustaining injuries while working on site at Langley Green Primary School in Crawley, West Sussex. Mr Yeowell was employed by Hague Construction as a ground worker and on…

Specialist subcontractor CMF Ltd has been ordered to pay more than £200,000 after the death of a man during construction of the recently completed Frances Crick Institute building in London.

Laing O'Rourke completed construction of the £500m Frances Crick Institute in 2016 Richard Laco, 31, died on site on 6th November 2013 when a concrete staircase that was in the process of being installed by CMF was dropped, crushing him…
,

Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service are hiring - check out their recruitment video!

https://www.facebook.com/HeartCambridgeshire/videos/1663517057009084/ Source: Heart FM Check out the vacancies - Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue Services

Brain Tumour Charity cautious about Italy mobile phone ruling

Image copyright: GETTY IMAGES The Brain Tumour Charity has said there is insufficient scientific evidence linking mobile phone use with brain tumours, following a court ruling. The Italian court, in Ivrea, agreed that a man's brain tumour…

Plastic-eating caterpillar could munch waste, scientists say

Image copyright: CÉSAR HERNÁNDEZ/CSICWax worm caterpillars in a petri dish A caterpillar that munches on plastic bags could hold the key to tackling plastic pollution, scientists say. Researchers at Cambridge University have discovered…

Royal Adelaide Show ride death leads to safety prosecution

PHOTO: Adelene Leong was flung from the ride at the 2014 Royal Adelaide Show. (Supplied: SA Police) A company facing prosecution after a girl was flung from a Royal Adelaide Show ride and died has argued in court that blame lies with…

Million pound fine for council after disabled pensioner was crushed by tractor

Rufford Abbey A 71-year-old man suffered serious bruising and injuries to his head, arms and legs after being crushed by a tractor at a Nottinghamshire country park. The disabled member of the public was struck…

Vaper, 25, suffers horrific acid burns and bruising after e-cigarette explodes 'like a hand grenade' blasting a hole in his living room wall

Ian Cudbertson has been scarred for life after his ordeal at home in Hull The 25-year-old reckons he would have died if he had been smoking it at the time Blast was so powerful that part of the e-cigarette struck him on the leg causing…