US teen died after drinking caffeine too quickly, coroner says

Davis Cripe drank three caffeinated drinks in just under two hours A healthy teenager in the US state of South Carolina died from drinking several highly-caffeinated drinks too quickly, a coroner has ruled. Davis Allen Cripe collapsed at a…

Man dies in industrial incident at skip hire firm in Besthorpe

Baldwin Skip Hire Ltd in Besthorpe Byline: Sonya Duncan Copyright: Archant 2017 Police are today continuing to investigate the sudden death of a man at a skip hire firm in a Norfolk village. Emergency services leave Baldwin…

Student shares horrific pictures of agonising scars across her chest 'after tattoo removal went horribly wrong' WARNING - graphic images

Pasuda Reaw, 21, had the large red rose tattooed across the chest last year but later wanted it removed to look more professional at work A student has shared horrific pictures of agonising scars across her chest after claiming her…
,

Remote British island littered with 37.7 MILLION pieces of rubbish has world's worst case of plastic pollution

Investigators visiting Henderson Island - which was designated a World Heritage Site in 1988 - found up to 671 items of plastic on every square metre of its otherwise pristine beaches Henderson Island, part of the UK's Pitcairn Islands territory,…

Diesel cars pump out 50 per cent more toxic emissions than they should, major report finds

Car manufacturers have been accused of behaving irresponsibly CREDIT: JINNY GOODMAN / ALAMY STOCK PHOTO Diesel cars are pumping out 50 per cent more toxic emissions than they should be if all were complying…

Toxic "cocktail of chemicals" from blocked drains seriously poisons three members of staff at MORTUARY

The unnamed council employees are still sick off work three months after being taken ill at the Bournemouth funeral parlour - in an incident being blamed on 'poorly designed pipes' Embalming fluid contains highly toxic and volatile formaldehyde…

Hospital Trust face fine after breaching health and safety legislation

The Pilgrim Hospital.Photo: ITV News. United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust face a fine after a jury found the organisation guilty of breaching health and safety legislation following the death of a patient at Pilgrim Hospital. The…

'Lives are being put at risk': 97% of GPs have NOT had recent training on Lyme disease which could reach epidemic levels, experts warns

Only 3 per cent of GPs in the UK have taken the training module Course teaches them how to spot early symptoms of the potentially fatal disease Officials say there are 2,000-3,000 cases a year in the UK But charity estimates there…

How to have a long and healthy retirement

It’s a time when we’re supposed to find happiness, but post-work life is often associated with severe health problems. Here are some tips to help you live long and prosper From left: record-holder Jack…

Swindon fatal house fire started by portable heater

Sharon Soares and Blaise Alvares were caught in the house fire on 6 November A couple who could not afford central heating died in a house fire started by a portable heater, an inquest heard. Blaise Alvares and Sharon Soares, who had a baby…